Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Day 8 - The Great Scottish Tour

Edinburgh

Day Eight was a little lazier than usual, though we were still up early, exploring the city.
Our stops included Edinburgh Castle. 

Our tour guide was great and really brought the past to the present with his stories.
One of the places I remember in Edinburgh is a restaurant called The Witchery. My friend Betsy and I had ducked in there decades before to get out of the rain and grab a bite to eat. It was still in the same spot. We managed to get dinner reservations when we first arrived in Scotland and looked forward to a nice meal.
Funny how I can’t remember what I did two days ago, but I remembered exactly where we sat 33 years ago and even what I had to eat. I have no idea why it’s stuck in my brain all these years, but it was fun to go back and revisit this old haunt.

After dinner we had important business to take care of. The US Women’s team was playing England for the Soccer/Football World Cup. The evening before we’d scouted out a couple possible locations to watch the match and it was time to settle our rears on a couple of pub stools and enjoy the game.

It was a great match and the US Women won, which made the night just a little bit extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment. We'd love to know what you think of our adventure and be sure to tell us if you know of something interesting to see in your area!